VSM produces belts from file belts-to wide belts and from abrasive sleeves to long belts. They are supplied on cloth and paper backings and are suitable for levelling weld seams,
deburring work, grinding castings, grinding out flaws and producing the perfect finish.
Our product range
- Backings made from paper or cloth
- Wide range of dimensions
- Various types of belt joints – tailored to the respective application
- Available with the entire range of VSM grain technologies: from VSM DIAMOND and VSM CERAMICS Plus through to VSM NON-WOVEN
- Available in grit sizes 20 to 1200
VSM CERAMICS Plus belt with optimised self-sharpening effect on a very sturdy polyester backing. Generates maximum stock removal when machining high-alloyed steels at high pressure and reduces costs. more
VSM CERAMICS belt with self-sharpening effect impresses when machining extremely hard surfaces due to its aggressive cut and an extremely long service life. Suitable for many different applications. more
VSM COMPACTGRAIN long-term abrasive with continuous self-sharpening effect that reduces grinding costs due to fewer tool changes at a very high stock removal with even surface roughness over its entire, very long service life. more
VSM classifies belts with widths from 3 - 2,850 mm and lengths of 31 - 23,200 mm.
- Long belts (ELA)
- Narrow belts (ESM)
- Master belts (EBM)
- Wide belts (EBR)
- Short belts (EKU)
- File belts (EFE)
- Rings (ERI)
- Optimum stretching behaviour
- Lower weight in comparism to cloth backings
- The lower the paper weight the more flexible is the backing
- Available with aramid, cotton, polyester or polycotton backings
- Elongation and flexibility parameters are fine-tuned in in-house finishing plant
- High tensile strength
- Available cloth backings range from extremely flexible to extremely sturdy
E07 – VSM standard belt joint
Straight cut, glued underneath
Strong and robust standard belt joint for all geometries.
Is mostly used with cloth-backed belts and suitable for all areas of application.
E27 – VSM belt joint
Wave cut, glued underneath
Belt joint for "gentle" operations in the grinding zone; ensures smoother running of the machine.
Suitable for wide and narrow belts with cloth backing.
E13 – VSM belt joint
Straight cut, both ends overlapping
Is mainly used for wide and narrow belts with paper backing for flat grinding.
E14 – VSM belt joint
Straight cut, both ends overlapping, upper flap is grainless
Suitable for flat grinding applications with contact shoe.
Is primarily used for woodworking.