The continuous developments to the structure, refining and finishing of grain makes VSM into one of the world's most experienced ceramic grain manufacturers.
VSM abrasives meet the highest standards in industry, trade and crafts.
The right grain for every application
VSM CERAMICS · (CER)
- Top product with self-sharpening effect (see below) for machining non-alloy and stainless steels
- Very high stock removal
- Cool grinding characteristics maximise intervention time
VSM DIAMOND / CBN · (DA / BA)
- Extremely hard
- For machining coated, hard and brittle materials such as tungsten carbide, titanium, glass, marble or granite
VSM CERAMICS Plus · (CER Plus)
- Optimised self-sharpening effect for machining high-alloy steels and superalloys under high pressure
- Reduced temperature in the contact area
- Significant longer service life
VSM SILICON CARBIDE · (SIC)
- Very hard
- Ideal for working titanium, glass, minerals, ceramic, china and stones
- Extremely long service life
- Uniform stock removal
- Perfect surfaces and constant roughness
- Constant self-sharpening thanks to granules
VSM ZIRCONIA ALUMINA · (ZA)
- Abrasive with constant self-sharpening
- Prolonged and high grinding performance
- Very high stock removal for medium pressure applications
VSM ALUMINIUM OXIDE · (AO)
- Universal grain for many different metal applications
- Perfect combination of toughness and hardness
- Ideal for intermediate grinding and finishing
- Perfectly follows the shape of a workpiece
- For premium scratch patterns which can easily be reproduced
- Available as AO and SIC
The VSM concept of self-sharpening
The microcrystalline structure of the VSM CERAMICS Plus and VSM CERAMICS grain accounts for a more subtle breaking down of the grain and constantly produces sharper edges. This is what we call the optimized self-sharpening effect.
Aluminum oxide and zirconium oxide are finely dispersed throughout the microstructure of the VSM ZIRKONIA ALUMINA. The two materials break down in turn during the grinding process.
VSM COMPACTGRAIN long-term abrasives stand for a compact unit which consists of numerous abrasive grains. The used grains are torn out by the cutting forces involved whereby unused grain tips are being exposed.
Additional grinding-active layer for specific applications
The VSM TOP SIZE coat is recommended for dry grinding of heat-resistant stainless steels and non-ferrous metals. Thanks to the additional layer with its grinding-inducing additives, the cutting performance is improved whilst the temperature in the contact area is reduced. In addition, the useful life of the abrasive is dramatically enhanced.
The anti-adhesive layer of STEARATE is primarily used for machining non-ferrous metals. It prevents chip adhesion and thus clogging of the abrasive. It also enhances the service life of the abrasive.
Abrasives with an antistatic coat are primarily used for woodworking. They prevent the build-up of an electrostatic charge so that the grinding dust does not adhere to the workpiece or the machine.